Fibre Reinforced Polymer (FRP) is one of the strongest and most durable materials being adopted in many products and applications.
At CRS we manufacture our product range from Fibre Reinforced Polymer (FRP), also known as “composites,” which are materials composed of fibre reinforcements and a polymer resin. We also used recycle plastics materials for a sustainable future. The reinforcements impact the strength and rigidity, whilst the resin is an adhesive matrix which bonds the fibres together.
- Resins such as polyester or vinylester
- Reinforcements such as fiberglass roving and mat
- Additives such as pigments, UV inhibitors, fire retardant
- Surface veil which enhances bonding, UV protection and appearance
When combined, these materials work together to provide a unique set of strengths and superior performance properties to that of other reinforcement materials such as steel:
- Light weight with high strength
- Corrosion free and impact resistant
- Dimensional stability
- Electrically non-conductive
- Safe conduct, non-magnetic and non-sparking
- Low thermal conductivity
- Versatile for rapid installation